Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Thought for Thursday- General Conference


Since so many of my readers are members of my church, I thought I would share a General Conference packet to download for your kiddos. I got different packets from two different friends, that are both great. Thanks Jeni and Linda!! I am linking to one of them, because I can't figure out how to get to the other one. You can also go to Sugardoodle (my fave ideas website) for more conference ideas.


In case you are not a member of my church and wonder what the heck I'm talking about, General Conference is a world-wide broadcast from Salt Lake City that happens twice a year... the first weekends in April and October. It airs on the BYU channel on Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 12 noon, and from 2 to 4 pm Utah (Mountain time) (4 different sessions). (If you are from my town, it also airs on "24/7"). The conference packet is for the kiddos to keep them entertained while they listen.


Also, it's always good to have special family traditions to make General Conference a special, enjoyable time. I like to make cinnamon rolls or "monkey bread" for one of the days. I always print off a packet for the kids as well. We let the kids set up their sleeping bags and get cozy while we watch together.


Sugardoodle always has great ideas to share. What are some of your semi-annual conference traditions?? Please share!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Growing up my mom, sister, and I would bake pies all day Saturday. Several (at least 7) different pies, and when all the men in the family would come back from priesthood session we would enjoy all the pies. Today because we all live away from eachother, we still carry on the tradition, only we don't make a ton we make a couple and enjoy it with our own little families. We call it pie Sunday, because there is so much extra pie for Conference Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugardoodle also has an "Apostle Song" to help the kids learn the names of the General Authorities. I also made an apostle memory game with the pictures provided from Sugardoodle.

    Our tradition is making Monster cookies every conference. The kids look forward to conference because they know this is the only time I make these yummy cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails