Friday, July 16, 2010

A Random Act of KINDNESS

I feel HUMBLED by today by RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS that someone did for ME this afternoon.  I just had to share...

I pulled up to the Maverik gas station (on Cherry/Linder in Meridian, ID) and pulled up behind a lady (in her 50's or 60's) pumping gas into a pretty red car.  She finished at the pump and walked inside to pay for her gas, or had she already paid for hers at the pump?

She came out, looked me in the eye with a quick, sweet smile, got into her car, and drove away.  I pulled up, got out with my ATM card ready, and was puzzled as the screen on the pump said "Lift Nozzle and Pump Fuel".  After a second of wonder, I obeyed the screen and put the nozzle into place.  The screen read $10 and the gas began to spew into my tank.  WOW. 

This woman did something SO KIND for someone she didn't even KNOW, and for NO REASON at all.  And she didn't even stick around to recieve recognition.  I can only hope that she finds this blog and reads this post.  Thank you, kind lady.  God bless your sweet soul.   Pin It

4 comments:

  1. It just goes to show that even though there is a lot of bad stuff going on, there is still a bunch of GOOD that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank your for sharing your experience. We could all learn a lesson from her kind act.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! Thank you so much for sharing. I only hope that someday, I can do that for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet! It makes me want to do something like that!

    Nothing better than that kind of happiness at the pump.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails