Monday, May 16, 2011

Malt-O-Meal Muffins

Muffins are so great for Breakfast. I usually need something quick & easy for me in the mornings-especially something healthy. I took this recipe from the side of the Malt-O-Meal box & added to it. FYI: I will warn you, they are moist & filling but not very sweet.



Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour( I did 1 cup reg flour + 1/4 cup wheat flour)
3/4 cup Malt-O-Meal dry cereal
1 cup sugar(I think I will try 1/2 cup of honey next time)
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg
1 TBL. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 medium shredded zucchinis(about 1 1/2 cup)

Directions:
Stir everything together scoop into muffin cups. Cook at 375 degrees for 15 mins.


TIP: I realized this as I grated the zucchini for this recipe. If you cut the tip off one end, you can use the "stem" end as a handle and not grade your fingers.


Since our kids don't want to eat any of these because they are "too healthy"; I put the rest in the freezer & only pull out what I need. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails